What Is Personal Injury Law in Texas?
Under personal injury law, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses and damages when they are caused by another through negligence, carelessness, or deliberate malice.
Incidents and accidents that can lead to legal claims can stem from:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Bus and other public transportation accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents caused by third parties
- Accidents at worksites, including oil rigs, refineries, pipelines, and more
- Swimming pool drownings
- Dog attacks
- Criminal attacks
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
Injuries in such events can range from sprains, cuts and bruises, and road rash to internal injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe burns, and traumatic brain injuries. In the most severe of these, you could be facing the need for lifelong medical care and therapies, permanent loss of income, out-of-pocket expenses to pay for home and vehicle modifications to accommodate permanent disability, daily personal assistance, and more. Your quality of life may be permanently diminished all because of the wrongdoing of another person, persons, business, or even a negligent government agency.
Have you sustained injuries or losses through negligence or wrongdoing? Contact Keith & Lorfing at (325) 308-6960 for a complimentary consultation.
Compensation in Personal Injury Cases
Our firm will fight for a fair and just settlement through tough negotiations in any personal injury case. Should that not bring about the compensation you deserve, we can take your case to trial.
Personal injury compensation can include:
- all of your past and future medical expenses
- out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries
- pain and suffering
- lost wages or income
- property damage
- emotional distress
- any other related damages
Why Hire a Texas Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in cases involving physical or psychological harm to an individual. They handle claims that are related to car accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, slip-and-fall incidents, and many other cases involving injury caused by negligence.
Personal injury attorneys can help injured individuals obtain the financial compensation for their losses. They understand how insurance law works and can represent their clients in court if the case goes to trial. The main objective for Texas personal injury lawyers is to ensure that victims receive fair treatment and compensation for any damages resulting from their injuries.
Several benefits of hiring our personal injury lawyer in Abilene, TX, include:
- We can help you understand and navigate the complex legal system
- We will provide advice and assistance on how to build a strong case for your claim
- We will be able to estimate potential compensation amounts based on past cases they have handled
- We can ensure that no critical evidence is overlooked in order to maximize your chance of success
- We are familiar with all applicable laws and regulations in Texas, reducing the chances of making errors or missteps during your legal process.
- We will also represent you in court if needed, making sure that any negotiations are conducted fairly
Get Professional Legal Help from Keith & Lorfing
In fighting for compensation, you should be aware of the fact that insurance companies will always try to settle for the lowest amount they think they can get away with. They will use pressure tactics to get you to settle quickly and for as little as possible. That is why those individuals who are represented by a legal professional have the best chance of obtaining compensation that will truly reflect the extent of their damages and the financial resources needed to recover. Our Abilene personal injury attorney knows how to forcefully deal with insurance companies to help you get the compensation you deserve when facing the physically, emotionally, and financially destructive effects of a fault-based accident.
Get a case evaluation by contacting Keith & Lorfing at (325) 308-6960 today. Serving Abilene, San Angelo, Lubbock, and Amarillo.