Keith & Lorfing, a boutique litigation firm in West Texas specializing in Federal Criminal Defense and Personal Injury in West Texas in pleased to offer the Keith & Lorfing Student Scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded each year on December 15th, in the amount of $1,000.
Linda Lorfing was the toughest woman that ever walked the earth. She raised four children on a shoe-string budget. A world traveler with a penchant for tequila, she overcame anything life threw at her – from poverty to addiction to domestic violence – Linda Lorfing personified West Texas toughness. She beat cancer, escaped an abusive relationship, and overcame mental illness – all while working the graveyard shift for years and pulling double duty as a full-time mother. Linda Lorfing was fiercely independent and exuded confidence. Later in life, she put her genius IQ (seriously) to use and graduated valedictorian from nursing school, proudly obtaining her RN certification. She would often tell anyone that would listen that life is what you make of it. An eternal optimist, she would tell her children that experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want. Until she drew her last breath in 2012, her greatest passion was and remained her children and grandchildren.
It brings me great joy to honor this incredible woman with this annual scholarship. It gives me even greater joy to know that every year I have an opportunity to help women like my mother: imperfect, tough, confident, and invincible.
This scholarship is open to any single mother that refuses to give up and continues to grind no matter what life throws their way.
- Videos depicting dangerous or inappropriate content will not be accepted.
- By submitting a photograph or essay, applicants consent to their submissions being publicly displayed on the Lorfing Law website or any advertisement materials and sites utilized by Keith & Lorfing.
Scholarship Summary & Eligibility
What to Submit?
- Simple: Take a selfie holding a sign that reads “West Texas tough” in front of your county courthouse. Send the photograph and briefly share your story through an informal letter or email to PayItForward@lorfinglaw.com.
- Application deadline is December 1, 2022. The recipient will be selected no later than December 15, 2022.
Who Can Apply?
- Any single mother that refuses to give up and continues to grind no matter what life throws their way.