Abilene Felony Defense Attorneys
Experienced Felony Defense in San Angelo and Abilene
If you have been charged with a felony, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney in your corner. Felonies are the most serious types of criminal charges in Texas, and they carry the most severe penalties. Having a felony conviction on your record can seriously impact your life, as you may face difficulties in getting a job, housing, loans, or an education. You may also be denied the right to vote or serve on a jury.
At Keith & Lorfing, we understand the seriousness of felony charges. Our Abilene felony defense attorneys are highly experienced in handling all types of felony cases, and we have the know-how and skills to help you achieve the best possible outcome in your case. We know how to navigate the legal system and can use our experience and insight to help you avoid conviction or negotiate the most favorable outcome in your case. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and discuss your case.
To learn more about felony charges and the available defenses, call Keith & Lorfing at (325) 308-6960 or contact us online.
Felony Charges in Texas
Felony charges can include a wide range of criminal offenses. Some of the most common felony charges in Texas include:
- Drug charges, including possession, distribution, and manufacturing
- White-collar crimes, including fraud and embezzlement;
- Violent crimes, including assault and battery, aggravated assault, and murder
- Property crimes, including burglary, theft, and arson;
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, child pornography, and child sexual abuse
- Weapons charges, including unlawful possession or use of a firearm or weapon
Felonies are punishable by jail or prison time, fines, probation, and other penalties. For this reason, you should not wait to contact an attorney after you have been arrested for a felony. Your freedom is at risk, and you need an experienced attorney who can help you protect your rights and best interests.
What are Felonies in Texas?
A felony is a more serious type of criminal charge than a misdemeanor. Felonies are crimes that are punishable by death or imprisonment for more than one year and fines of up to $10,000.
In Texas, there are five categories of felonies:
- Capital felonies are punishable by death or life imprisonment without the possibility of parole;
- First-degree felonies are punishable by 5 years to life imprisonment;
- Second-degree felonies are punishable by 2 to 20 years imprisonment;
- Third-degree felonies are punishable by 2 to 10 years imprisonment;
- State jail felonies are punishable by up to 2 years in a state jail facility.
If you are facing felony charges in Texas, you need an experienced and knowledgeable Abilene felony defense attorney. Felony charges are very serious and can have a lasting impact on your life and future. You need an attorney who understands the law and can help you protect your rights and best interests.
Why You Need Felony Defense Attorneys in Abilene
The prosecution will work hard to try to convict you of your alleged crime. They will do everything in their power to try to get a conviction and to put you behind bars. You need an experienced and knowledgeable Abilene felony defense attorney in your corner who can help you fight your charges and protect your rights.
If you are facing felony charges, you need to contact an experienced Abilene felony defense attorney as soon as possible. Our firm can help you fight your charges and protect your rights.
Charges Reduced Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine
Case Dismissed Client Fully Exonerated
Case Closed Child Abuse
Deferred Probation Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon
No Billed Aggravated Assault Causing Serious Bodily Injury
Case Dismissed Aggravated Assault Causing Serious Bodily Injury